Postdoc/UD Synthetic Data and Differential Privacy for digital medical and lifestyle care
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled postdoctoral researcher to join our team and contribute to cutting-edge research in the field of synthetic data and differential privacy. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in validating software, implementing quality assurance measures, and conducting research to evaluate the efficacy of synthetic data generation algorithms. These tasks need to be performed in collaboration with the involved clinical and European partners.
1. Collaborate with software suppliers
Work closely with software suppliers to validate that the software they deliver meets the requirements of the PostDoc project as an end-user of data synthesizing algorithms. Provide feedback on the functionality, performance, and usability of the software, and facilitate communication between the research team and the software suppliers.
2. Collaborate with clinical and European partners
Work closely with the involved clinical partners to validate the clinical interpretation and trustworthiness of the synthesized data. Being the bridge between the software suppliers and clinical partners is of crucial importance for the success of the project.
3. Quality assurance and quality control
Implement a robust quality assurance and quality control framework for the data synthesizing process. Define and execute validation procedures, data integrity checks, and accuracy assessments to ensure the reliability, consistency and risk of identification of the synthetic data generated. Document the process as a guidance for other researchers within the consortium.
4. Comparative analysis
Conduct in-depth research to compare the results obtained from analyses on real data with those derived from analyses on synthetic data that was generated from real data. Design and execute experiments, apply statistical methodologies and assess the fidelity and utility of the synthetic data for various analytical tasks. Document and analyze the similarities, differences, and limitations of the synthetic data approach.
5. Research paper publication
Compile the research findings into a comprehensive and high-quality research paper. Prepare and submit manuscripts to reputable scientific journals and conferences. Collaborate with the research team to refine and enhance the paper based on peer reviews and feedback. Disseminate research outcomes through presentations and participation in relevant academic events.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, or a related field
- Experience in synthetic data generation techniques and differential privacy
- Experience in working with clinical data
- Experience in working with software suppliers and evaluating software for research purposes
- Proficient in scientific programming in either Python, R, or MATLAB for data analysis and validation
- Experience in machine learning on tabular data
Affinity with working in a multi-disciplinary environment
Terms of employment
- You will receive a temporary position for 1 year, with the possibility of expansion. The gross monthly salary is € 5.919,- (scale 11).
- Excellent fringe benefits, such as a 13th month that is already paid out in November and an individual travel expense package.
- Pension insurance with ABP, we take care of approximately 2/3 of themonthly contribution.
- Special benefits, such as an incompany physiotherapist and bicycle repairer. There is also a gym where you can work on your fitness after work.
Apply for this position
Your application for this position can be sent to