Read the full vacancy on the TU Delft website.
Erasmus MC, TU Delft and Erasmus University Rotterdam have joined forces in the Pandemic and Disaster Preparedness Center (PDPC). PDPC aims to prepare society for future pandemics and disasters. We will reduce vulnerabilities and risks and build resilience through effective disaster prevention, preparedness and recovery measures. Convergence of the technical, medical and social sciences is essential for developing the next generation of approaches to disasters and pandemics. In the foreseeable future, our society can expect many more and unforeseen virus outbreaks and extreme events because of climate change. But how do we protect society from the next pandemic or disaster? Which of the lessons learnt could develop prevention and intervention measures, and how could research contribute to preparedness?
In 2022 the PDPC started several front runner projects. For the short term we seek additional assistance to support the staff of the PDCC to make research questions in the field of preparedness more explicit. This is for example done by analyses of the available and knowledge and information (and gaps) during recent disasters as the COVID-19 pandemic and the 2021 floods in Limburg. Other examples are to define similarities and differences in pandemics and extreme weather events and the relation between climate change and pandemics.
We search 1 or 2 researchers:
- Which are recently graduated (civil engineer, water management, policy science, mathematics) are analytical and have a drive to dig in information to get a better understanding about preparedness.
- Which are available between 20-40 hours a week until the end of 2022 (starting as soon as possible)
- A salary according to the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities, plus 8% holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
- An excellent pension scheme via the ABP.
- The possibility to compile an individual employment package every year.
- Discount with health insurers.
- Flexible working week.
- Every year, 232 leave hours (at 38 hours). You can also sell or buy additional leave hours via the individual choice budget.
- Plenty of opportunities for education, training and courses.
- Partially paid parental leave
- Attention for working healthy and energetically with the vitality program.
We can offer an interesting community in which different disciplines work together. You will work in a team with some other researchers with different disciplines (as medical topics) on these tasks. This team is supervised by the staff of the PDPC. In this team you contribute to the agenda setting in several projects which are used to define new research projects. This will also give you the opportunity to get to know these research projects and explore a future role in them.
You will get a contract by Flexdelft.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Anja Schreijer, e-mail: email@example.com or Bas Kolen, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in this vacancy? Please apply before August 1st 2022 via the application button and upload your motivation and CV.
- You can apply online. We will not process applications sent by email and/or post.
- A pre-Employment screening can be part of the selection procedure.
- Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.